What is required to commence flight training?
In order to get started there are a few things to do:
- A flight medical certificate is essential. You will need to go for a medical checkup at an aviation medical examiner. You will need one of the following medical classes:
- For a Commercial pilot course- Class 1 medical
- For a Private pilot course- Class 2 medical
- For a microlight or Light sport- Class 3 Medical
- A list of approved aviation doctors is available on the aviation authority website
- We will require 2 passport/ID photos and a certified copy of your ID along with the above medical certificate to apply for your student licence
- Flying can commence before we are issued with the student licence as you will be flying under supervision.
- Before flying there are enrolment documents and terms to be signed at the school. This can be done on your arrival but must be completed prior to flying.